Friday, January 29, 2010

FREEZING in Minnesota


Hey guys!

To the left is a picture of me getting ready for my flight on Wednesday morning in the training room, we did some game-ready and normatech then headed over to the airport. I am now in Lutsen, Minnesota and have watched some mid-am GS racing the last two days. The knee is feeling good, yesterday I walked all the way up the mountain despite the sub-zero temperatures to get closer to the action. The girls on my team did very well yesterday, Anna picked up bronze and Julia took home gold. There is definitely a little room for improvement on the guys side, but that is why we are here. The race hill is about the flattest I have ever seen so it is good for my team to be here to get the feeling for flats. Our training hill at home is very steep and challenging so you have to take advantage of every opportunity we are afforded that may help our gliding skills improve. After the race was finished yesterday I found a little workout area where I could spin and do some quad sets. Right now the second gs is underway and its very cold again! Hopefully the boys step it up a little today and take home some hardware! This afternoon when the race is finished my teammates and I are headed to Duluth for a weekend of slalom racing. I'll update some more when I get back down to civilization and have a better internet connection.

Take care,

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment