Sunday, January 31, 2010

Ahhh, my parents house for the night.

Hey guys!

I am currently laying in my old bedroom at my parents house, it feels great! This weekend went pretty well for my teammates, and I had a blast being back at a ski race. I was able to walk all around, up and down the runs with some big snow boots and my ski poles for a little support. My knee is now to the point where I don't even notice it during everyday activities. That, of course, will all change on Friday morning when I am scheduled to go under the knife. I had lots of people this weekend, racers and coaches, who have torn their ACL in the past giving me their advice and well wishes, so thank you all! I am actually looking forward to the surgery so I can start with my rehab. I know it will be a tough road but I am prepared to give it all I got and I am of course anxious to start this long process of getting back on snow. I'd like to congratulate my teammates Anna Kocken and Julia Wong for some excellent skiing this weekend, each of them were on the podium all four days of racing! Anna's name will now be engraved on the same Atmore Cup trophy that my name is already on, which is awesome. It was great to see Nick and Thomas really focusing on learning to get faster each run on these flat and fast courses. I am sure our team has benefited from this experience and I'm sure it will show next week at the New Mexico Invitational in Taos. Tomorrow morning I am having breakfast with my grandpa then hopping on a flight back to Salt Lake to prep for my surgery. Talk to you soon.

-Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment