Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Back on campus, or should I say back in the training room...

Hey Guys,

I have been back in Salt Lake since Monday night just pluggin' away at schoolwork and continuing on my journey back to skiing. I have done a few workouts each day and my knee feels very strong. What I hear is strong into surgery, strong out of surgery... Lets all hope this is the case. If it is things are looking good so far for me. This week it has all finally settled as I begin to prepare myself for surgery on Friday. I have educated myself even more on the recovery process and feel I know exactly what to expect, the good and the bad. I am looking forward to gettin' sliced and diced so I can start the next phase. My mom is flying out tomorrow to assist me the first three days after surgery, it will be nice to have someone here to help out with everything. On a different note, my team left for Taos this morning to compete in the New Mexico Invitational, making me the only member of the alpine team still on campus. It is pretty weird having your team take off without you. It has been snowing a bunch in Taos so the race conditions will most likely not be anything near optimal. I hope our guys can battle through the soft conditions and pull off some good results. Next time I write on here I should have a brand new ACL!

No comments:

Post a Comment