Saturday, February 27, 2010

Regionals- Steamboat Springs

Hey guys, sorry it has been awhile since my last post. I have a couple of midterms coming up so I have been burying myself in text books for the last four days. On Thursday morning I made my way over to Colorado to watch my teammates at their last regular season races. The knee has been feeling excellent and I am happy to report that my doctors and trainers have completely cleared me for walking with no crutches and no brace, pretty sick! It actually feels incredibly stable and is getting stronger and stronger each day. My pain is basically gone and I have been told I have made it through the toughest days of my recovery. I am now to the point where every single day I see gains in range of motion and stability, it is certainly exciting. Three weeks ago I never thought I would be up on the mountain walking around with no brace in the snow feeling comfortable and pain free this soon. The weather was great yesterday during the GS races, Julia and I found some lawn chairs next to a pool that was directly below the finish area, best seats I have ever had to watch a race! The sun was nice and warm and we both got some color. This morning we headed over to nordic venue to watch our nordic team compete for their spots on the NCAA championship team. The boys fought hard, making the race one of the most exciting I have seen. I am now back in the hotel watching the Olympic slalom on the internet and my pick for the win, Giuliani Razzoli, is sitting in first. Tonight the team is racing slalom under the lights at my favorite venue, Howelson Hill, last time I raced there I took home the win. Should be a great show, I just wish I were racing!

No comments:

Post a Comment