Monday, March 1, 2010

A Couple Wins: One on the hill, another in the gym.



Right after I finished my last post I headed over to Howelsen Hill to watch the battle of the evening, the NCAA western regional final slalom. It was a great show, it really made me want to be back in the game. The guys race was pretty tough, there were only a handful of guys that gave the steep and difficult hill the respect it deserved and crossed the finish line with two clean runs. On the women's side things ran a bit smoother, atleast for my team... Anna brought home the win, she finally skied the way we all know she can. Howelsen Hill will also be the site of the 2010 NCAA Ski Championships which will be held the end of next week. It was really good for my teammates to get a crack at the hill now so it is still fresh in their minds when they go back next week and try their best to be national champs.

My knee is feeling better than ever, I know I keep saying this but each day it just keeps surprising me. I had a long workout today, broke a sweat, added some new stuff, and left feeling as strong as I did the week before surgery. My swelling is 100% gone with the exception of one small area on the outside of my kneecap. I am also walking around normally with zero pain, no limp, and no brace. I am even starting to not notice a difference between the two legs in everyday activities.

Today's Workout:

Normatech Compression- 30 minutes
GameReady Ice/Compression- 30 minutes
Spin Bike- 30 minutes
Shuttle Board Squats- 4x10 at full resistance(this is a giant leap from last week)
Single Leg Calf Raises- 3x20
Hamstring Curl(physioball)- 3x15
Hamstring Curl(machine)-3x10
Balanced on foam pad with resistance band behind knee while straightening and flexing quad(no name for this exercise, haha)-4x15
Quad Sets- 3x15
Straight Leg Raises- 4x10 holding 5 sec.
15 minutes of balance work (mostly single leg)
GameReady Ice/Compression- 30 minutes
Hamstring Massage (it's getting a little angry at me for making it work again)



No comments:

Post a Comment