Thursday, March 11, 2010

Makin' Moves! Week 5

This past week has been a busy and exciting one. I studied way more than I would like to admit, took three midterms, and worked out longer and harder than I have since before my surgery. I am currently back in Steamboat Springs at the NCAA National Champs cheering on my fellow Utes. My team had a great day yesterday and Eva was crowned the 2010 NCAA GS Champion. Sofia and Anna had good showings and the guys attacked from the back. The Utes ended the first day of competition sitting in second place, great start!

I was able to add a lot of balancing drills to my regular workouts this week. I surprised myself each day with how much more stability and strength I seemed to gain with each nights rest. We have now started to implement more weight training and squats into my programs. I am comfortably able to single leg press 100lbs now, which I certainly didn't expect to be able to do for a few more weeks. I am also doing a lot of single leg balancing on everything you can imagine, from bosu balls to dyna discs. I am feeling great after this week, very strong, pain free, and extremely excited with the progress I have made so far. This week things have really started to feel natural again and I cannot wait for the coming days and weeks. I AM FIRED UP!

-Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment