Monday, February 8, 2010

Pain and Fruit Pancakes

Hey guys!
I hope all is well. Yesterday I woke up to a very, very stiff knee and a nerve block that was ready to bail on me and take all the comfort it was supplying to my knee away for good. That block works wonders! If you ever have the option to have one with a surgery I would highly recommend it. I literally had no pain for the first 48 hours, that is what made the last two days pretty tough for me. Within 2 hours of removing the block I was in excruciating pain and my attitude took a quick turn for the worse. I had been very optimistic that all these stories of pain and suffering were not going to be as bad as I once had thought. All I can say is that I was wrong. I had a few visitors to my hotel room yesterday which helped, and the delicious Italian dinner that my mom went and picked up at Buca Di Beppo didn't hurt either! I had a real hard time falling asleep last night but once I finally did I did not wake up at all, so the night was fairly successful. This morning my mom and I packed up the hotel room and went to The Original Pancake House for some fruit pancakes, which I think are a much better pain killer than any of the drugs I have, haha. I then went into the training room to analyze the damage with my trainers. I am actually able to see my quadriceps flex which is huge at this point. I never thought I would just be happy with seeing a muscle move but right now its a big win. I'll check in again tomorrow, but I think I have made it through the worst of the pain and it can only improve from here.

until next time, take care.

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment