Monday, February 22, 2010

Doin' Work

Today was a great day, it was the best I have felt in one of my workouts yet. Due to the massive decrease in swelling we were able to add a few more exercises, including hopping on a spin bike! I am very happy my range of motion has improved quickly so I can finally start to get some quality endurance workouts in amidst all the knee stuff. Not to mention, spinning really helps my knee loosen up and feel better. Just a couple more months and I will be able to start riding up into the mountains, which are already calling my name!

Workout 2/22
GameReady-30 minutes
Calf stretch(towel)-5 minutes
Calf stretch(angle board)-5 minutes
Ankle dorsal flex(with resistance)-3 sets of 15
Ankle side flex(with resistance)-3 sets of 15
Prone Hang-7 minutes
Quad sets(with stem)-10 seconds on 10 seconds off for 15 minutes
Straight leg raises-3 sets of 15
Slide board leg press(no weight)-Up and down 15 minutes continuous
Spin bike(no resistance)-15 minutes
Foam roll hamstring curl-3 sets of 15
Ice/Stem-15 minutes


It was a great day in the gym, felt strong and relatively pain free the entire session. My knee is pretty sore now, but I am sure I will feel better in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment