Tuesday, February 9, 2010

More Swelling...

Today was a rather uneventful one. I woke up pretty early to help get my mom on a flight back to Minnesota. Then I sat on the couch and watched TV all morning while I iced the knee. At 1pm Kristen, another one of my trainers, came and picked me up to bring me in for rehab since I can't drive myself yet. We started off with 45 minutes of game-ready to try and help my swelling suffice. Then when I was about to start on the quad sets and leg raises we measured my knee only to find that it was more swollen today than yesterday. In light of that we decided not to exert the knee at all today and just focus on the inflammation. I did Normatech compression for 45 minutes followed by a half an hour Hibomat treatment. Hibomat is a fairly new machine that sends electric pulses through the area being treated. It works by me holding onto a metal handle which sends the impulses through my body and the trainer, who is also attached to the machine, then massages the irritated area. It is a pretty cool machine, I don't know how well it works because it is a fairly new concept so I will see through results how effective it is. After training I just headed back to the couch to elevate and ice the night away... I really have to get this swelling down before we can start to make any progress, pretty boring. The plan for tomorrow is to do two sessions so lets hope the swelling is down by the morning. Talk to you soon.
-Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment